Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64 features characters from some of Nintendo’s more popular franchises such as Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid, Yoshi, and Pokemon are also included.
The N64 ROM has 12 playable characters, and the roster count rises for each successive game. Unlike other fighting games, Super Smash Bros. has players seeking to launch their enemies off the stage and out of bounds. Sounds simple enough, but beware – Super Smash Bros. will have you hooked.
So, if you’d like to find out more about Super Smash Bros. for N64, keep reading, or just scroll down to your download ROM for free link!
Super Smash Bros. Gameplay
This N64 ROM is a crossover fighting game, where your aim is increasing damage and knocking enemies offstage instead of depleting life bars. Additionally, each character has a damage total that rises when they take damage.
As the damage rises, the character may be knocked further away by an enemy attack. In order to knock someone out, you have to knock their character outside the boundaries of the stage.
Once a character gets knocked off the stage, they can try to recover by using abilities and jumping movies to come back. Also, some characters in the ROM have an easier time recovering due to these moves and abilities.
It’s also important to remember that some characters may vary in weight. Consequently, some of them are easier to push off the stage.
What the Game Offers
Aside from its interesting gameplay, the Super Smash Bros. for N64 also has some great features up its sleeve:
- 8 starting characters: Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Samus, Fox, Kirby, Yoshi, and Pikachu
- 4 unlockable characters: Luigi, Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon
- Up to 4 players are able to play in multiplayer or Versus mode
- The players determine the specific rules of individual matches
- Multiplayer mode lets you select one of the two match types: time and stock
- In time, the person with the most KOs when the set time runs out wins
- However, in stock, players have a set number of lives, and once their lives run out, they’re eliminated
- Classic Mode or the main single-player mode includes a set of predetermined enemies you need to defeat
- Other single-player modes include Training, Break the Targets, and Board the Platforms
- 9 playable stages in Versus mode
- Those 9 stages include 8 based on the starting characters and the unlockable Mushroom Kingdom based on Super Mario Bros.
Final Thoughts on Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64
Overall, the Super Smash Bros. ROM is an old-school, vintage Nintendo game that never goes out of style. Its engaging gameplay and amazing features make it incredibly fun to play, especially with friends! In case you and your friends were looking for something a little more old-school, why not give Super Smash Bros. a try!
Your Super Smash Bros. free download link for N64 is available right below.
If you’re looking for more ROMs to try out, check out our website.