Just like Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Advance for the Game Boy Advance takes place in Liberty City. The GBA ROM also serves as a prequel for Grand Theft Auto III.
When it comes to the story, Grand Theft Auto Advance takes place one year before Grand Theft Auto III. I. In this GBA ROM, we follow Mike, a small-time criminal, on his quest for revenge. After the presumed death of his partner Vinnie, Mike gets involved in some pretty serious stuff. He finds himself entangled in a world of gang warfare, crime, and corruption. Join Mike on his journey of vengeance as he tries to find Vinnie’s killer.
If you’d like to learn more about Grand Theft Auto Advance, keep reading, or you can simply skip down to your download ROM for free link.
Grand Theft Auto Advance Gameplay
Grand Theft Auto Advance is an action-adventure game, played from a top-down perspective. However, the GBA ROM is still part of the 3D universe canon of the series. In terms of features, the ROM includes most of the standard 3D Grand Theft Auto games’ elements.
For instance, the ROM features most weapons, use of safe houses, vehicle-based side missions, including the same style of heads-up display.
What the Game Offers
The look and feel of the game take us back to the original GTA. However, certain changes were made to make Grand Theft Auto Advance GBA-friendly due to Game Boy’s hardware limitations.
- Unfortunately, there are no animated cutscenes and no pedestrian dialogue
- Instead of the pedestrian dialogue, a limited variety of soundbites from GTA III play when you hit a car
- Grand Theft Auto Advance doesn’t feature any radio channels
- Moreover, the cutscenes are text-only, including hand-drawn pictures of the characters, and a thematic background
- One thing that stayed consistent is the art style – the same style used for the loading art of the 3D releases and the cover
- You’ll find Liberty City’s familiar landmarks in this GBA ROM
- Additionally, the overall street layout remained the same
- However, rampages, jump ramps, and hidden packages are now located in different areas until you find what you’re looking for
- As a result, you have to start with a clean slate, walk around and explore
- The three islands of the city were also modified – there are no more sloped surfaces, no tunnels, and there’s no train system either
- Some of the characters from GTA III re-appear in this ROM, such as 8-Ball and Asuka Kasen
- No GTA III Mafia characters appear in this GBA ROM
- Grand Theft Auto Advance welcomes the addition of several new characters, such as Vinnie, Cisco, Yuka, and Jonnie
- On top of that, this is the only 3D Universe game that allows you to alter the plot by making decisions
- Despite the ability to make choices, the outcome remains the same
Have Fun Playing Grand Theft Auto Advance for GBA
All in all, Grand Theft Auto Advance is a fun, engaging addition to the GTA series. The look and feel of the ROM give off the familiar, beloved, and original GTA vibes, along with some new exciting features. What’s more, giving players the ability to choose their actions is a very nice touch. So, if you’d like to join Mike on his quest for revenge as he tries to uncover who killed his friend Vinnie, try Grand Theft Auto Advance.
Your Grand Theft Auto Advance download link is waiting for you right below.
If you’re looking for some new ROMs to download and play, visit our website.